In May 2007, the Judiciary Committee of the Senate published a report on SB 621, an earlier version of the Wartime Treatment Study Act, recommending that it be passed. The Congressional Record of May 24, 2007 has Senator Feingold’s comments on the bill starting at the bottom of S6607 into S6609. On June 5, 2007, Senator Feingold introduced the Wartime Treatment Study Act as Amendment 1176 to the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act. By a 67 to 26 vote, it was agreed on. Here’s the page in the Congressional Record with a discussion of the Act and the roll call vote results.
- The Enemy Alien Files: Hidden Stories of World War II exhibit to open Oct. 1, 2022
- U.S. Government Found Liable for WWII Human Rights Violations
- Werner Ulrich, Jr., former internee, featured in Uvalde, TX Newspaper
- the Schlösser Family Story
- Recent broadcast features John E. Schmitz, author of “Enemies Among Us”